“The gathering with the President of the Republic, Sergio Mattarella, which took place today at the Quirinale, was an opportunity to present the International Medical University of Rome, UniCamillus, to the Head of State”.
This was declared by the Rector of UniCamillus, Gianni Profita, at the end of the meeting with the President of the Republic, Sergio Mattarella.
“We represented to the President – continues the Rector – the idea that gave life to our University, the humanitarian vocation and the lucid attention that UniCamillus pays to students from developing countries, the desire to train them with the prominence of our study programs in order to allow them, once they have graduated, to return to their homeland and practice the medical science they have learned”.
“The delegation that was welcomed today by President Mattarella symbolized the wide furrow within which UniCamillus moves in its teachings: to represent the teaching staff, Professor Ruggero De Paulis, cardiac surgeon and member of numerous scientific international societies; Dr. Sofia Colaceci, researcher and lecturer in obstetric and gynecological nursing sciences; and Jennifer Paul, Haitian student of the Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Techniques”, concluded Profita.
From left to right:
– Dr. Simone Guerrini – Counselor Director of the President’s Secretariat Office
– Prof. Gianni Profita – Rector of UniCamillus
– Prof. Ruggero De Paulis: Associate Professor of UniCamillus, and Cardiac Surgeon, head of the Cardiac Surgery Unit of the European Hospital in Rome
– Prof. Sofia Colaceci: UniCamillus Researcher and Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing Sciences
– Jennifer Paul: student from Haiti, attends the second year of the Degree Course in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques.