SECOND LEVEL MASTER OF SURGERY IN IMPLANT DENTISTRY
The Master’s Degree “University Master of Surgery in Implant Dentistry” (MoSID)
is designed for the general dentist who has already taken the first step into the field of implantology.
The ” University Master of Surgery in Implant Dentistry” ” is intended for dentists who wish to develop their theoretical knowledge and practical clinical experience of treatment planning and maintenance of dental implants.
The Master’s programme aims to provide general practitioners with the confidence to select patients, diagnose, treat and perform implant cases. The Master’s programme will provide an understanding of the biological basis of implantology, provide clinical training through practical trials that will enable dentists to safely perform surgical procedures and design and perform maintenance of patients with dental implants. The didactic mode of the Master’s programme is blended: the programme combines theoretical webinar and classroom practice. It takes into account your time constraints and work responsibilities and is designed for those who would find it difficult to travel to the Master’s premises. The ” University Master of Surgery in Implant Dentistry” allows you to recreate the dynamics of a real classroom by following the theoretical part of the programme through live lessons.
The total number of Master sessions is 5. Online lectures will be recorded and can be reviewed for further study.
Graduates will be able to independently plan and implement therapy concepts for the treatment of patients requiring dental implant prostheses.
The course concludes with a Master’s thesis on implantology topics that will prepare the student during the year and discuss at the end of the course.
The official language of the Master will be English.
The Master is qualified as SCIENCE (1) due to its tecnica and scientific characteristics
The Master main partner is the Istituto Stomatologico Toscano.
Centro Attività Didattiche e di Ricerca
Via Aurelia 335 c/o Ospedale Versilia – 55041 Lido di Camaiore (LU)
(1) The teaching proposal of the UNICAMILLUS Master in addition to the legal qualification is divided into the following classes:
- SCIENCE: courses characterized by a purely tecnica and scientific approach;
- PLUS: courses characterized by a multidisciplinary approach also containing elements and managerial and non-medical-surgical subjects;
- EXPERIENCE: the courses mentioned above with high and particular experiential activities of internships and internships in specialized structures.
Master Start Date: March 2022
- Lectures will be held at the Istituto Stomatologico Toscano.
- The practical Hands on and the internship will be held at the Istituto Stomatologico Toscano.
Final Certification and Formative Credits:
All candidates who have completed the planned training and passes the final exam will receive a second level Master of Surgery in Implant Dentistry with the assignment of 60 credits (CFU).
The Master’s program lasts 12 months and includes a total time of 1.500 hours, divided into:
- practical activity and lectures and seminars;
- internship (750 hours);
- study and individual preparation activities including the preparation of the final exam.
The attendance is mandatory for at least the 75% of the total hours of the Master, for both online and face-to-face lessons. Attendance will be recorded via connections to the webinar platform.
A minimum number of 10 students is requested in order to activate the Master. Below the thershold of 10 UniCamillus can unilaterally decide not to activate the Master (with return of any already paied partecipant fees).
The maximum number of students is 30.
TEACHING METHODOLOGY AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
The modality of the Master is blended and it has a theoretical-practical approach aimed at providing a learning on the problems of the surgical and rehabilitation prosthetic phases supporting the implant.
The Master’s program includes the following teaching modules:
- INTRODUCING MODERN IMPLANTOLOGY
– Introduction to the Master Course
– Biology of Osteointegration
– Maxillary & Mandibular Anatomy
- DENTAL IMAGING & ORAL TREATMENT PLANNING
– Implant Prosthetic design and therapy plan
– Implant prosthetic approach with PREMIUM system
– Dental Imaging diagnostic and 3d Devices
– Computer assisted implant placement planning
– Surgical Tecniques for Implant Placement
– st Stage Surgery
– Live Surgery
- IMPLANTS SOFT TISSUES INTEGRATION
– Biology of peri-implant soft tissue
– Non submerged implants: surgical techniques
– 2nd stage surgical techniques
- IMPLANT PLASTIC SURGERY
– Implant Plastic Surgery
– The connective tissue grafts in soft tissue management
– Seminar on “suture tecniques”
– Seminar on “muco-gengival tecniques”
- FROM DIAGNOSIS TO SURGERY
– Surgical anatomy
– Radiological diagnosis: practical aspects
– General surgical techniques
– Implant surgical techniques
– Technical aspects of the second surgical phase
- IMMEDIATE IMPLANTS & IMMEDIATE LOADING
– Healing of post extractive sites
– Immediate implant
– Immediate loading: concepts
– Immediate loading: implant stabilization and intra-oral welding
- INTRODUCING SINUS ELEVATION PROCEDURES
– Anatomy and Physiology of Maxillary Sinus
– Maxillary Sinus Imaging
– The sinus lift: vestibular approch
– The sinus lift: compications
– Live surgery
- CRESTAL SINUS LIFTING TECNIQUES AND ALTERNATIVES
– The sinus lift: crestal approach
– Magnetic Mallet and sinus lift
– Surgical techniques in crestal approach
– Alternative Implants to sinus elevation
- SINUS LIFTING: TIPS AND TRICKS
– Step by Step surgical technique: Mini Sinus Lift
– Step by Step surgical technique: Maior Sinus Lift
– Hands-on “Mini Sinus Lift”
– Hands-on “Major Sinus Lift”
- IMPLANT PROSTHETIC TERAPHY
– Implant prosthesis in daily clinical
– Mono, multi and total edentulous approach
– From implants to natural teeth: contemporary concepts for predictable success
– BOPT: the new vision in prosthetic dentistry
- COMPUTER ASSISTED IMPLANTOLOGY
– Digital basic knowledge
– Computer guided surgery: The RealGuide software by 3DIEMME
– The Computerized implant placement planning
– Computer Guided implant placement and prosthetic reconstruction
- PERIMPLANTITIS & ORAL CARE
– Peri-implant pathologies
– Perimplantitis: prevention and treatment
– Implants maintenance and follow-up
– Live Surgery
- DENTAL DOCUMENTATION IN ORAL SURGERY
– Guidelines fir Drafting the final Thesis
– Dental photography and cases Documentation
– Legal considerations in Implant demtistry
– How to prepare a Keynote presentation on clinical cases
- BONE RECONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES
– Bone regeneration and reconstruction principles
– Autologous bone & Biomaterials
– Modified surgical techniques with Magnetic mallet
- BONE RECONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES
– Hands-on “bone distractions techniques”
– Hands-on “split crest techniques”
- AESTHETIC IMPLICATIONS OF IMPLANTOLOGY
- FINAL THESIS
– Letio magistralis of international lecturer
– Diploma Ceremony
The Master Director is Prof. Ugo Covani (1)
Main speakers are:
- Giovanni Battista
- Menchini Fabris
- Simone Marconcini
- Roberto Crespi
- Enrica Giammarinaro
- Saverio Cosola
- Adriano Piattelli
- Jaibin George
(1) Prof Ugo Covani, MD DDS Professor
- Medicine Doctor – Certified in Surgery and in Stomatology
- President of Istituto Stomatologico Toscano c/o Versilia general Hospital
- Former Full Professor of Dentistry University of Pisa
- Visiting Professor Dept. Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery State University of New York at Buffalo (USA) e Universidad Cat ólica San Antonio de Murcia (Spain)
- Past-President della Societ à Italiana di Chirurgia Orale, dell’European Board of Oral Surgery e dell’Italian Academy of Osseointegration
- Author of about 300 publicazions, half of them in international peer reviewed journals and 5 books and as many book chapters
ADMISSION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
One of the following degree titles are required to be admitted to the Professional Master Program (or near graduation by the Master enrolment deadline):
• Master’s degree and / or specialist degree in dentistry and dental prosthesis;
• Master’s degree and/ or specialist degree in medicine and surgery with specialization in Dentistry or qualification for the practice of dentistry;
• Master’s degree in Medicine and Surgery.
Other candidates who can also apply:
- Candidates in possession of an Academic Degree equivalent to those listed above obtained in a foreign University.
- Candidates in possession of an Academic Degree obtained abroad and equivalent in duration and content to those listed above.
The University reserves the right to admit candidates with different qualifications but relevant to the Master’s course.
PROCEDURES AND TERMS OF PRESENTATION OF THE APPLICATION
The application must be submitted via the GOMP student portal following instructions given in the GUIDE by 28th February 2022.
In order to complete your application, you will need to provide the following documents, which will be attached to the portal during the procedure:
- curriculum vitae et studiorum in European format, dated and signed, in PDF format;
- PDF format of a valid identity document;
- PDF format of the degree certificate;
- JPG or PNG format of a personal photo;
- any additional qualifications you wish to submit for assessment for admission;
- declaration that you have read the information regarding the processing of personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the “protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data” (hereinafter also “GDPR”) provided by UniCamillus.
- photocopy of the tax code or health card (for Italian citizens and foreigners in possession of one);
- for candidates in possession of qualifications equivalent/equivalent to those required: declaration in lieu of certification, pursuant to art. 46 point m of D.P.R. 28/12/2000, no. 445, certifying the achievement of the qualifications in question, in accordance with current legislation.
- Payment of first instalment.
For candidates with qualifications equivalent/equivalent to those required:
– Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco issued by the Italian Consular Authority of the country of study (accompanied by transcript of records + copy of the final diploma) or CIMEA Certificate of Comparability accompanied by CIMEA Certificate of Verification (by accessing the CIMEA platform) or Diploma Supplement (if it is a European qualification) issued by the University of origin and legalised at the Italian Embassy of the country of study. Students who submit incomplete documentation will be admitted with reservation and cannot complete their enrolment until all the required documentation has been submitted.
Conditional enrolment will not be accepted due to incomplete documentation or incorrect entry of data on the application form.
Following admission, candidates will have to follow the enrolment procedure following the indications provided in the appropriate guide, which will be sent by email together with the notification of admission to the Master’s course.
DOCUMENTATION AND ANNEXES
Study Abroad Declaration
UniCamillus – Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences Via di Sant’Alessandro 8 – 00131 Roma
Website: www.unicamillus.org Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 06 40 06 40 PEC: email@example.com