SECOND LEVEL MASTER
This program lasts for one academic year, during which students will acquire both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The purpose of the master is to provide clinicians with necessary means for a correct diagnostic and operative approach to an ideal implant prosthetic rehabilitation. Students will be drawn into modern implantology from the diagnosis to the prosthetic rehabilitation and will have the chance to get in contact with the most modern surgical techniques and technologies. The official language of the Master will be English.
The Master main partner is Istituto Stomatologico Toscano.
Il Master is qualified as SCIENCE (*) due to its tecnical and scientific characteristics.
Start Date: March 2023
Location: Theoretical lectures, hands-on and the internship will take place at Istituto Stomatologico Toscano.
Final Certification and Formative Credits:All candidates who have completed the planned training and passes the final exam will receive a second level Master’s Degree in Oral Implantology with the assignment of 60 credits (CFU).
Duration: The Master’s program lasts 12 months and includes a total time of 1.500 hours, divided into:
- practical activity, lectures and seminars;
- internship (750 hours);
- study and individual preparation activities including the preparation of the final exam.
The attendance is mandatory for at least the 75% of the total hours of the Master.
For frontal lectures and seminars (unless otherwise comunication) a commitment of 4 sessions of 5 days (from monday to friday) is forseen for the entire duration of the Master.
The total hours of training will be scheduled in accordance with the host structure.
A minimum number of 15 students is requested in order to activate the Master. Below the thershold of 15 UniCamillus can unilaterally decide not to activate the Master (with return of any already paied partecipant fees).
The maximum number of students is 30.
(*) UniCamillus suddivide la proposta didattica dei Master di Primo e di Secondo livello e i Corsi di perfezionamento, nelle seguenti tipologie:
- SCIENCE: courses characterized by a purely tecnica and scientific approach;
- PLUS: courses characterized by a multidisciplinary approach also containing elements and managerial and non-medical-surgical subjects;
- EXPERIENCE: the courses mentioned above with high and particular experiential activities of internships and internships in specialized structures
METHODOLOGY AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
The Master has a theoretical-practical approach aimed at providing a learning on the problems of the surgical and rehabilitation prosthetic phases supporting the implant. The teachings that are carried out within Istituto Stomatologico Toscano, aim to provide basic theoretical and methodological knowledge and consist of lectures and practical laboratory activities.
The Master’s program includes the following educational modules:
- MODULE 1 (3 CFU): ANATOMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS IN ORAL SURGERY
Description: Interpreting and standing the clinical and procedural implications of the specific procedures of Implant Surgery. To highlight the functional aspects of bone tissue and biological responses to implant insertion Key points • Bone biology notions • The phenomena of bone remodeling • Bone tissue response to prosthetic loads.
- MODULE 2 (2 CFU): GNATOLOGY ELEMENTS IN IMPLANT-PROSTHETIC REHABILITATION
Description: Analyze the gnatological implications of implant-supported prosthetic rehabilitation • Gnatomic function lines • Occlusal Considerations of Implant Supported Implants • The implant-prosthetic treatment of the disgnotic patient • The Treatment Plan.
- MODULE 3 (1 CFU): PATHOLOGY OF THE ORAL MUCOSA
Description: • Classification Lips and oral cavity diseases • Pre-oral Oral lesions • Screening and treatment of oral lesions.
- MODULE 4 (2 CFU): SURGICAL TECHNIQUE IN ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY
Description: Preparation of the surgery field in aseptic conditions. Preparation of implant site, implant insertion and insertion torque control. Surgical techniques for incision and suture.
- MODULE 5 (2 CFU): BONE RECONSTRUCTION PROCEDURES
Description: To deepen the biological bases of bone regeneration, cellular mechanisms of bone regeneration. Bone reconstruction techniques, type of biomaterials, type of membranes. Alveolar bone reconstruction techniques with bone blocks, maxillary sinus lifting techniques, inlay bone grafts in the posterior mandible.
- MODULE 6 (2 CFU): POST EXTRACTIVE IMPLANTS
Description: post-extraction bone remodeling phenomena, ridge preservation techniques, post-extractive implantation, post-mining plant and GBR techniques. Post-extracting plant and immediate loading.
- MODULE 7 (1 CFU): PROSTHETIC COMPONENTISTIC AND SOLUTIONS
Description: Explain the main connection options in implant prostheses by exploring the micromechanical aspects and organic a – Plant / abutment connection b – Abutment / prosthesis connectio c – Component analysis of components.
- MODULE 8 (1 CFU): PROSTHETIC DESIGN IN IMPLANTOLOGY
Description: to make known the principles that guide the design of prosthetic rehabilitation on plants as far as the number pillars, biomechanical and aesthetic considerations(a) – Biomechanics of implant-supported prosthetic reconstruction (b) – Diagnostic wax-up (c )- Occlusal project (d) – Realization of the surgical stent (e) – Considerations on tooth-implant connection(f).
- MODULE 9 (1 CFU): IMMEDIATE LOADING PROCEDURES
Description: Analyze surgical and prosthetic immediate procedures.
- MODULO 10 (1 CFU): PERIMPLANTS SOFT TISSUE
Second stage surgery, management of peri-implant soft tissue.
- MODULE 11 (1 CFU): MAXILLO-FACIAL SURGERY AND ORAL SINUSITIS THERAPY
Description: Oral reconstructive surgery • Bone vascular bone • Cervical maxillary sinus.
- MODULE 12 (1 CFU): COMPUTER GUIDED SURGERY & INNOVATIONS IN IMPLANTOLOGY
Description: Diagnostic surgical and prosthetic procedures Innovations in implantology.
- MODULE 13 (1 CFU): TREATMENT OF PERI-IMPLANTITIS
Description: Understand the prevalence of peri-implant pathologies, treatment principles,surgical techniques, and prevalence of post-treatment success.
- MODULE 14 (1 CFU): HYGIENE PROTOCOLS FOR CANDIDATE TO PROSTHETICREHABILITATION
Description: Biological considerations on the connection between implant and prosthesis •Emergency and aesthetic profiles in prosthetic implants • Evolution of materials andtechniques in aesthetic dentist.
The Master Director is Prof. Ugo Covani (1)
The Master Co-Director is Dr. Simone Marconcini (2)
Main speakers are:
- Giovanni Battista Menchini Fabris, DDS, PhD, MSc: Co- Director Master in Oral Surgery & Implantology – Unicamillus
- Roberto Crespi, MD MS : Extrordinary Professor of Oral Pathology UNiversity G. Marconi,Rome,
- Annamaria GENOVESI, RDH : Extraordinary Professor of Oreal Hygiene , University G.Marconi, Rome, Italy.
(1) Prof Ugo Covani, MD DDS Professor
Medicine Doctor – Certified in Surgery and in Stomatology
President of Istituto Stomatologico Toscano c/o Versilia general Hospital
Former Full Professor of Dentistry University of Pisa
Visiting Professor Dept. Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery State University of New York at Buffalo (USA) e Universidad Cat ólica San Antonio de Murcia (Spain)
Past-President della Societ à Italiana di Chirurgia Orale, dell’European Board of Oral Surgery e dell’Italian Academy of Osseointegration
Author of about 300 publicazions, half of them in international peer reviewed journals and 5 books and as many book chapters
(2) Simone Marconcini, (DDS, PhD, MSc)
Responsible for the Scientific Research at the Tuscan Stomatologic Institute – research fundation – http://www.istitutostomatologicotoscano.com (Lido di Camaiore, Italy), Doctor of Philosophy in Nanotechnology at the University of Genova, MSc in Bone Reconstruction, award-winning specialist in oral surgery and implantology (University of Pisa), with over 10 years experience of research in oral health. Strong communication and leadership skills that helped expanding the scientific network of the Tuscan Stomatologic Institute. National scientific qualification as associate professor in stomatology with experience in teaching at the University of Pisa in graduate and post-graduate courses. International speaker at several dental meetings, including IADR world congresses in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and upcoming 2019. Winner of the ADR/PHILIPS ORAL HEALTHCARE YOUNG INVESTIGATOR RESEARCH GRANT with the project titled “The influence of different surgical protocols on the outcome of dental implants in diabetic patients.”. Author of more than 50 scientific publications in impacted scientific journals (see below), co-author of three books, active member of IADR, IAO (Italian Academy of Osteointegration). Excellent English and French speaker, professional tennis player, proud dad.
ADMISSION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
One of the following degree titles are required to be admitted to the Professional Master Program (or near graduation by the Master enrolment deadline):
- Master’s degree and / or specialist degree in dentistry and dental prosthesis;
- Master’s degree and/ or specialist degree in medicine and surgery with specialization in Dentistry or qualification for the practice of dentistry;
- Master’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
Other candidates who can also apply:
- Candidates in possession of an Academic Degree equivalent to those listed above obtained in a foreign University.
- Candidates in possession of an Academic Degree obtained abroad and equivalent in duration and content to those listed above.
The University reserves the right to admit candidates with different qualifications but relevant to the Master’s course.
PROCEDURES AND TERMS FOR APPLICATION
The application must be submitted via the GOMP student portal following instructions given in the GUIDE by 20 february 2023.
In order to complete your application, you will need to provide the following documents, which will be attached to the portal during the procedure:
- curriculum vitae et studiorum in European format, dated and signed, in PDF format;
- PDF format of a valid identity document;
- PDF format of the degree certificate;
- JPG or PNG format of a personal photo;
- any additional qualifications you wish to submit for assessment for admission;
- declaration that you have read the information regarding the processing of personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the “protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data” (hereinafter also “GDPR”) provided by UniCamillus.
- photocopy of the tax code or health card (for Italian citizens and foreigners in possession of one);
- for candidates in possession of qualifications equivalent/equivalent to those required: declaration in lieu of certification, pursuant to art. 46 point m of D.P.R. 28/12/2000, no. 445, certifying the achievement of the qualifications in question, in accordance with current legislation
- Payment of first instalment.
For candidates with qualifications equivalent/equivalent to those required:
– Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco issued by the Italian Consular Authority of the country of study (accompanied by transcript of records + copy of the final diploma) or CIMEA Certificate of Comparability accompanied by CIMEA Certificate of Verification (by accessing the CIMEA platform) or Diploma Supplement (if it is a European qualification) issued by the University of origin and legalised at the Italian Embassy of the country of study. Students who submit incomplete documentation will be admitted with reservation and cannot complete their enrolment until all the required documentation has been submitted.
Conditional enrolment will not be accepted due to incomplete documentation or incorrect entry of data on the application form.
Following admission, candidates will have to follow the enrolment procedure following the indications provided in the appropriate guide, which will be sent by email together with the notification of admission to the Master’s course.
Call for Selection
Study Abroad Declaration
The partecipation fee is 9.000 € to be paied in 3 intervalls of the same :
- Euro 3.000 + Euro 50 DUTY STAMPS = tot 3050→ by 20/02/2023 (Together with the submission of the application for admission)
- Euro 3.000 → by 20/05/2023
- Euro 3.000 → by 20/09/2023
If the candidate does not make the payment within the time specified by UniCamillus he will lose the right to enroll/participate.
UniCamillus – Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences Via di Sant’Alessandro 8 – 00131 Roma
Website: www.unicamillus.org Mail: email@example.com Tel. 06 40 06 40 PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org