Nowadays deglutition disorders affect an increasingly important part of the population.
It is important to further explore the field of dysphagia both considering the different causes (gastroesophageal, post-surgical, neurogenic) and the different ages (childhood, adulthood, advanced age).
The graduates in the Master in Deglutology and Related Disorders will be able to plan recovery programs shared with a multidisciplinary team taking into account the individuality of the patient.
The Master aims to train, in a transversal and interdisciplinary perspective, professionals in the field of dysphagia taking into account the different origins and different ages in which this pathology can arise.
The Master aims to provide the learners with the knowledge and tools necessary to identify the problems of dysphagia and investigate its causes; to intervene with counseling actions and a therapy shared with the whole team and the network of expert collaborators and to implement rehabilitation programs for the developmental, adulthood and advanced age by providing a broader view of the pathology in order to be able to intervene with innovative therapies.
The lessons of the Master in Deglutology and Related Disorders will be delivered in e-learning mode; students will have handouts, bibliography and multiple choice self-assessment questionnaires at their disposal.
At the end of each teaching course, students must take online tests before proceeding to the next course.
University credits (CFU) are achieved by passing the final exam, as an assessment of the skills acquired during lessons which consists in writing and presenting a short paper.
The Master curriculum includes a mandatory internship in affiliated health facilities.
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
Purposes: to understand the mechanisms of deglutition and the connection with the functions of other organs of the human body.
DIAGNOSTICS OF DEGLUTITION
Purposes: to identify the presence of the dysphagic disorder and the degree of complexity of the dysphagia in progress. Following the diagnosis, the most suitable types of rehabilitation interventions will be investigated.
INTERDISCIPLINARY ASPECTS OF DEGLUTITION
Purposes: to learn the main foundations of Bioethics to manage autonomously problems related to dysphagia; to recognize the ways through which to ensure complete management of the treatment.
Purposes: to evaluate and prepare suitable rehabilitation activities for therapy or therapeutic exercise aimed at guaranteeing the best possible conditions for the patient.
In order to register for the Online Master in Deglutology and Related Disorders, candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Therapy
• Other Bachelor’s Degrees in Healthcare Professions
• Master’s Degree in Dentistry and Dental Prosthesis
• Master’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
Candidates who meet the following requirements can also apply:
• Qualifications equivalent to those listed above, achieved according to the previous university system pursuant to Law 1/2002 with the obligation to have an upper secondary school diploma.
• Qualifications obtained abroad with duration and content equivalent to those listed above.
The University reserves the right to admit candidates with different qualifications but related to the Master curriculum.
The application form must be submitted, signed and written on plain paper, as well as written in a clear and legible way, using the form available in the attachments section in one of the following ways:
• by hand delivery to the University (opening hours from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 13.00);
• by registered letter with return receipt to the address: Scuola post-laurea – UniCamillus University – Via di Sant’Alessandro 8 – 00131 Roma;
• by certified mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form must specify the code of the Master in Deglutology and Related Disorders and the following documents must be attached:
• certification of the University degree or certified copy of the degree or, on a provisional basis, self-certification;
• photocopy of a valid identification document;
• photocopy of the health card;
• copy of the payment of the entire fee / first installment plus 50.00 Euros with which the University will fulfill on behalf of the student the regulatory obligation of the revenue stamp and all the other obligations required by current legislation, by bank transfer, on Iban:
IT17 T056 9603 2000 0001 3317 X38
(indicate on the reason for the transfer your name and surname and the course code)
Candidates with a qualification obtained abroad must submit, under penalty of exclusion, within 3 months from the application submission, the original of the official legalized translation into Italian of the qualifications and the Declaration of Value issued by the Italian Embassy or Italian General Consulate competent for the territory in the country in which the qualification was issued.
The participation fee is equal to 1,800 Euros *, in addition to 50.00 Euros for secretarial rights.
Note: UniCamillus, in consideration of the health emergency due to Covid-19, has decided to extend a reduction of the cost to all students enrolled in the Master. The cost in the Covid emergency period is 1,200.00 Euros*, in addition to 50.00 Euros for secretarial rights, to be paid in a single solution or in 3 installments distributed as follows:
First installment: 400.00 + 50.00 Euros for secretarial rights within the application deadline
Second installment: 400.00 Euros within 1 month from the Master start date
Third installment: 400.00 Euros within 2 months from the Master start date
* In the event that the candidate does not make the payment within the times indicated by UniCamillus, he/she will no longer be able to access his/her personal student area and the video lessons, self-assessment tests and exams.
**The payment of the registration fees is not subject to the application of VAT pursuant to Art. 4 DPR 633/72, as it is part of the University’s institutional training offer.
Upon payment, a note attesting the payment will be issued.